Join the Board
The Happy Tails Board of Directors is looking for a qualified individual to assume the role of Treasurer. Your experience can help direct the strategy and continued success of our organization.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume and a short cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate why you are interested in joining our board and what sort of the positive impact you believe you can have on our mission.
Must have a passion for animals, especially cats –
Board Treasurer (Volunteer)
Happy Tails Pet Sanctuary – Sacramento, CA
Approximate Hours per Month: 25
The Treasurer is responsible for all aspects of financial management, working closely with other Board members to safeguard the organization’s finances. The Treasurer is a member of the Executive Committee and chairs the Finance Sub-Committee.
- Leadership – Carry out the responsibilities as a member of the Board of Directors and serve as a member of the Executive Committee.
- Financial transaction oversight – Be knowledgeable about any outstanding bills or debts owed, as well as maintaining systems for cash flow management. Execute and/or oversee financial transactions, including bill payment, bank deposits and reconciliation.
- Budgets – Develop the annual budget as well as comparing the actual revenues and expenses incurred against the budget. Monitor ongoing expenditures and report on status compared with budget.
- Financial Policies – Oversee the development and observation of the organization's financial policies.
- Reports – Keep the board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health in addition to completing required financial reporting forms in a timely fashion and making these forms available to the board.
- Legal requirements – Oversee all activities associated with maintaining non-profit status including state and federal requirements and filings, tax filings and audit.
- Fundraising – Advise on the organizations fund raising strategies, prepare profit/loss forecasts for key fundraising events.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with a track record of leadership, who is passionate about the success and mission of Happy Tails Pet Sanctuary. Your accomplishments will allow you to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience, with leadership experience in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of Happy Tail’s beneficiaries and mission. Direct experience with Happy Tails or other animal rescue organizations is a plus.
Strong understanding and experience with managing the finance structure and activities within an organization (AP/AR, credit/c.
Board Members serve an interim two (2) year term and will be eligible for re-appointment for two additional two-year terms in the same position. In-person board meetings are held monthly.